Applies To: Cloud-managed Fireboxes
This feature is only available to participants in the WatchGuard Cloud Beta program.
To configure multiple cloud-managed Fireboxes with a standard set of policies and services, you can create a template. After you create the template, you can subscribe Fireboxes to the template. For information about how to create templates, see Manage Firebox Templates.
When you subscribe or unsubscribe a Firebox from a template, the template is immediately deployed to the cloud for the Firebox to download. Each time you deploy an update to a template, subscribed Fireboxes receive a template deployment.
To subscribe a Firebox to a template, use one of these methods:
To subscribe a device to one or more template at the same time, edit the templates in the Device Configuration.
To subscribe a Firebox to templates, from WatchGuard Cloud:
- Select Configure > Devices.
- Select a cloud-managed Firebox.
- Click Device Configuration.
- Click the Firebox Templates tile.
The Firebox Templates page opens.
- To select templates to subscribe the Firebox to, click Add Template.
The Add Template page opens.
- Select the check box for each template you want to subscribe the Firebox to.
- Click Add.
The templates you selected are added to the Firebox Templates list.
- To change the template order, click the move handle for a template and drag it up or down in the list.
Template order matters only if the Firebox subscribes to more than one template with Content Scanning or Network Blocking enabled. For these services, the Firebox uses the settings from the first template in the list that has each service configured. For more information, see About Firebox Templates.
- To save the configuration change, and immediately deploy the template to the Firebox, click Save.
The template is added to the Firebox configuration, and the template is automatically deployed to the Firebox.
To subscribe one ore more Fireboxes to a template at the same time, edit the Subscribed Devices for in the Firebox template configuration.
To subscribe Fireboxes to a template, from WatchGuard Cloud:
- If you are a Service Provider, select a subscriber account.
- Select Configure > Firebox Templates.
The Firebox Template page for the selected account opens.
- To open the template, click the template name.
The Configuration Details page opens.
- Click the Subscribed Devices tab.
The Subscribed Devices tab shows a list of all devices subscribed to the template.
- To select devices to subscribe to this template, click Select Devices.
The Select Devices page opens. This list shows all devices in the currently selected account that do not already subscribe to this template.
The Select Devices option is not available for templates in a Service Provider account. To update subscribed devices for a template, you must select a subscriber account.
- Click the check box next to each device you want to subscribe to this template.
- Click Save.
The template is immediately deployed to the cloud for selected devices to download.
A template deployment to a Firebox contains the settings from the most recently deployed configuration version for that device, with an update only to the template settings.
For more information about template deployment, see Deploy Firebox Templates.