Applies To: Cloud-managed Fireboxes
This feature is only available to participants in the WatchGuard Cloud Beta program.
Idle timeout is the maximum length of time that a TCP connection can stay active when no traffic is sent through the connection. The default global idle timeout for all traffic is 3600 seconds (1 hour).
To set a different idle timeout for specific connections, you can specify a custom idle timeout in the firewall policy that applies to those connections.
To configure a custom idle timeout in a firewall policy:
- Add or edit a policy. For more information, see Configure Firewall Policies in WatchGuard Cloud.
- In the policy configuration, select the Advanced tab.
- Select the Specify custom idle timeout check box.
The default custom idle timeout is 180 seconds.
- In the text box, type the number of seconds.
- To save the policy, click Save.