Applies To: Locally-managed Fireboxes
If you add a FireCluster to WatchGuard Cloud, you can upgrade the Fireware OS firmware for cluster members from WatchGuard Cloud.
To upgrade a cluster in WatchGuard Cloud, cluster members must run Fireware v12.7.1 or higher (or v12.5.8 or higher for T10, T15, T30, T35, T50, M200 and M300 Fireboxes). To upgrade a cluster from lower Fireware versions, you must use Policy Manager or Fireware Web UI. After the upgrade, you can initiate cluster upgrades in WatchGuard Cloud, and you can reboot and fail over the cluster in WatchGuard Cloud. For information about local cluster upgrades, see Upgrade Fireware OS for a FireCluster.
Upgrade the Firmware
To upgrade the firmware for a cluster member:
- Sign in to your WatchGuard Cloud Subscriber account.
For Service Providers operators, from Account Manager, select My Account.
- Select Configure > Devices.
- Select Firmware Upgrades.
The Firmware Upgrade Overview appears.
- Click next to the cluster that you want to upgrade.
- Select Upgrade Firmware.
- From the Firmware Version drop-down list, select the firmware version to upgrade to. The three most recently released versions of firmware appear in the list.
- Click Next.
The Schedule Upgrade page opens.
- Select when to upgrade the firmware:
- To upgrade selected devices now, select Upgrade now. This option is available only if all selected devices are connected to WatchGuard Cloud.
- To schedule the upgrade for a later time, select Schedule upgrade. Specify the Start Date, Start Time, and Time Zone when the upgrade will occur.
- Select the Adjust for daylight saving time check box to automatically adjust the time during daylight saving time.
After you select when to upgrade, the wizard confirms that Member1 and Member2 will be upgraded.
- Click Save.
A upgrade progress bar appears on the Device Information and Firmware Upgrades pages.