Apple iOS devices include a native VPN client. You can use this client to make an L2TP VPN connection to a Firebox.
Configure the L2TP Network Settings
In this procedure, the account and password are for one of the users you added to the L2TP-Users group. For more information, see About L2TP User Authentication.
To configure the L2TP connection, on an iPhone or iPad:
- Select Settings > General > VPN
- Click Add VPN Configuration.
- In the Type menu, select L2TP.
- In the Description text box, type a name for the VPN connection.
- In the Server text box, type the external IP address of the Firebox to connect to.
- In the Account text box, type your user name as it appears in the authentication server that you use for Mobile VPN with L2TP user authentication.
- Set the RSA SecurID setting to OFF.
- In the Password text box, type the password of the user.
- In the Secret text box, type the pre-shared key for this tunnel. The pre-shared key must match the pre-shared key configured on the Firebox Mobile VPN with L2TP IPSec settings.
- Set the Send All Traffic setting to ON.
- For the Proxy setting, select OFF.
Start the L2TP Connection
In this procedure, the name of the VPN connection is the service name you used when you configured the L2TP connection on the client computer.
To start the L2TP connection:
- On the iOS device. select Settings > General > VPN.
- Select the L2TP VPN profile to use.
- Swipe the Status button to Connecting.