Apple iOS devices include a native VPN client. You can use this client to make an L2TP VPN connection to a Firebox.
Configure the L2TP Network Settings
In this procedure, the account and password are for one of the users you added to the L2TP-Users group. For more information, see About Mobile VPN with L2TP User Authentication.
To configure the L2TP connection on an iOS device:
- Select Settings > General > VPN
- TapAdd VPN Configuration.
- From the Type menu, tap L2TP.
- Tap Back.
- In the Description text box, type a name for the VPN connection.
- In the Server text box, type the external IP address of the Firebox to connect to.
- In the Account text box, type your user name as it appears in the authentication server that you use for Mobile VPN with L2TP user authentication.
- Keep the RSA SecurID slider off.
- In the Password text box, type the password of the user.
- In the Secret text box, type the pre-shared key for this tunnel. The pre-shared key must match the pre-shared key configured on the Firebox Mobile VPN with L2TP IPSec settings.
- Keep the Send All Traffic slider on.
- Keep the Proxy setting Off.
- Tap Done.
Start the L2TP Connection
In this procedure, the name of the VPN connection is the service name you used when you configured the L2TP connection on the client computer.
To start the L2TP connection:
- On the iOS device, select Settings > General > VPN.
- Select the L2TP VPN profile to use.
- Swipe Status to Connecting.