The WatchGuard Mobile VPN client icon appears in the system tray (Windows) or menu bar (macOS). The icon color indicates the status of the VPN connection.
- Red — the VPN is not connected
- Yellow — the VPN client is attempting to connect
- Green — the VPN is connected
Windows System Tray Icon
On a Windows computer, you can right-click the icon in the system tray to reconnect and disconnect your Mobile VPN, and to see the profile in use.
macOS Menu Bar Icon
On a macOS computer, the VPN client icon does not automatically appear in the menu bar. To make the icon appear in the menu bar, in the Mobile VPN Client, select WatchGuard Mobile VPN > Show VPN client monitor in menu bar.
Click the icon in the menu bar to show VPN connection status.
From the menu bar icon, you can:
- Connect or disconnect the VPN
- Select the profile to use
- See connection information and a local log file
- Start the VPN client monitor as an application (this removes the icon from the menu bar)
- Quick the WatchGuard Mobile VPN client.