The WatchGuard Mobile VPN client icon appears in the system tray (Windows) or menu bar (OS X). The icon color indicates the status of the VPN connection.
- Red — the VPN is not connected
- Yellow — the VPN client is attempting to connect
- Green — the VPN is connected
Windows System Tray Icon
On a Windows computer, you can right-click the icon in the system tray to reconnect and disconnect your Mobile VPN, and to see the profile in use.
Mac OS X Menu Bar Icon
On a Mac OS X computer, the VPN client icon does not automatically appear in the menu bar. To make the icon appear in the menu bar, in the Mobile VPN Client, select WatchGuard Mobile VPN > Show VPN client monitor in menu bar.
Click the icon in the menu bar to show VPN connection status.
From the menu bar icon, you can:
- Connect or disconnect the VPN
- Select the profile to use
- See connection information and a local log file
- Start the VPN client monitor as an application (this removes the icon from the menu bar)
- Quick the WatchGuard Mobile VPN client.