FireCluster Upgrade, Downgrade, Backup, Restore, and Migration
In Fireware v12.2.1 or higher, a backup image is saved automatically when you upgrade the Fireware OS for a FireCluster. In Fireware v12.2 and lower, we recommend that you save a backup image before you upgrade a FireCluster.
For more information about upgrades, downgrades, backup images, and migrations, see:
- Upgrade Fireware OS for a FireCluster
- Downgrade Fireware OS for a FireCluster
- Create a FireCluster Backup Image
- Restore a FireCluster Backup Image
- Move a FireCluster Configuration to a New Device Model
You cannot downgrade a Firebox to a version of Fireware lower than Fireware v12.1.3 Update 8, v12.5.9 Update 2, or v12.7.2 Update 2, based on your device model.