When you disable FireCluster, both cluster members reboot at the same time. We recommend that you plan this for a time when you can have a brief network interruption.
To disable FireCluster:
- In WatchGuard System Manager, open the configuration for the cluster master.
- Click .
Or, select Tools > Policy Manager.
- Select FireCluster > Configure.
The FireCluster Cluster Configuration dialog box appears.
- Clear the Enable FireCluster check box.
- Click OK.
- Save the configuration to the Firebox.
The configuration is saved and both devices in the cluster reboot.
- The cluster master starts with the same IP addresses that were assigned to the cluster.
- The cluster backup master starts with the default IP addresses and configuration.
You can remove one member from the cluster and not disable the FireCluster feature. This results in a cluster with only one member, but does not disable FireCluster or cause a network interruption.
For more information, see Remove or Add a Cluster Member.