- Next to a group other than the All group or an Active Directory group, click, and select Import IP-Based Assignment Rules.
The Import IP-Based Assignment Rules dialog box opens.
- Select or drag a CSV file in the dialog box.
This file must consist of one or more lines of IP addresses in this format:
- For individual IP addresses, add a line for each IP address:
.\Group\Group\Group (tab) IP
- For IP ranges, add a line for each range of IP addresses:
- WatchGuard Endpoint Security interprets all paths as relative to the location in the tree where the IP groups will be imported. To indicate the path of the folder where you click, use the character ..
- If the groups specified in the file do not exist, WatchGuard Endpoint Security creates the group and assigns the IP addresses.
The IP addresses are assigned to the groups specified in the file. Additionally, the icons in the group tree update to reflect the changes in the types of groups in the tree.
If the imported file contains ranges of IP addresses for groups that already had previously assigned IP addresses, the previously assigned IP addresses are deleted before the new IP addresses in the imported file are assigned.
When the process is complete, new computers that are integrated into WatchGuard Endpoint Security move to the relevant groups based on their IP addresses.
Export Allocation Rules by IP Addresses
To export a file with IP group rules already assigned:
- Click the options menu for a group other than the All group or an Active Directory group.
- Select Export Allocation Rules by IPs.
A .CSV file downloads with the IP-based assignment rules defined for the group and its child groups. The format of the file is described in Import IP-Based Assignment Rules to Existing Groups above.