This document describes how to enable two factor authentication for TeamViewer and activate a TeamViewer token in the AuthPoint mobile app to use for authentication.
Before You Begin
Before you begin these procedures, make sure that:
- End-users have a TeamViewer account
- End-users have an AuthPoint user account and have downloaded the AuthPoint mobile app
- Sign in to TeamViewer as an administrator.
- Select Edit profile.
- Next to Two factor authentication, select Active.
- Click Start activation.
- Open the AuthPoint app on your mobile device and tap to open the QR code reader. Scan the QR code on the screen to activate a third-party token for TeamViewer. If you have not yet activated a token in the AuthPoint mobile app, tap Activate when you open the app to open the QR code reader.
Your TeamViewer token is activated and listed in Third-Party Tokens on the Token Management screen in the AuthPoint app.
- In TeamViewer, click Next.
- Download the recovery code. Click Continue.
- Type the one-time password (OTP) for your TeamViewer token. The OTP for your token is shown in the AuthPoint mobile app.
- Click Active.
- Click Close to close the success dialog box.
Test the Integration
- In a web browser, log in to your TeamViewer account.
- In the Security code text box, type the OTP for your TeamViewer token. You can see the OTP for your token in the AuthPoint mobile app.
- Click Submit code.
You are successfully logged in to your TeamViewer account.