WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud will be upgraded to v8.9 starting on Friday, August 7, 2020.
- EMEA region: Friday, August 7, 2020 (12:00AM – 6:00AM GMT)
- AMER region: Friday, August 7, 2020 (12:00AM – 6:00AM PDT)
- APAC region: Saturday, August 8, 2020 (12:00AM – 6:00AM HKT)
- All regions: Friday, August 7, 2020 (12:00AM – 6:00AM GMT)
- Wi-Fi Cloud management services will be inaccessible during the maintenance activity.
- There is no impact to customer Wi-Fi service. Access points will still be functional and provide connectivity and security.
- Captive portal splash pages will be functional for guest access.
- After the Wi-Fi Cloud upgrade is complete, AP firmware will be updated based on your configured settings for scheduled automatic update or manual update. Each AP requires approximately 10 minutes to complete the firmware update depending on your Internet link and available bandwidth.
- The Discover Applications Dashboard now displays Zoom and Microsoft Teams in the top widget. You can customize the widget to show up to five of the seven available applications.
- Filters and the sort order of Access Point and Client lists are now preserved when you navigate between pages in Discover.
- You can now see the root cause analysis of one or more client devices impacted by Low Data Rates, Low RSSI, High Retry Rate, and Client Stickiness, including recommendations for resolving these issues.
- You can now perform a Client Connectivity Test on an SSID that uses a Captive Portal.
- You can now locate APs and clients on a floor map in Discover.
- You can now configure scheduled device upgrades and mesh profiles in Discover. Previously, these were only available in the Manage application.
- You can now configure the Additional VLAN Monitoring configurations per AP in Discover, including the ability to set a Static IP on the communication VLAN of the AP.
- Cloud Integration Point (CIP) now supports a high availability configuration that enables you to select a primary and secondary CIP mode AP.
- New AP health statistics and wired network properties are available in the AP monitoring pages and AP properties.
- Broken help file links no longer appear in event notification email messages.
- File types other than CSV are no longer allowed when you upload a list of banned/allowed/blocked devices.
- Resolved an XSS vulnerability in the JQuery UI library.
- Event email notifications are now correctly forwarded to an SMTP server if the SMTP server supports only TLS v1.2. A configured SMTP server must now support TLS v1.2 or higher for event notification email forwarding.
- The channel scan/defend list is now updated correctly when the country of operation is changed.
Note: AP firmware versions 8.9.0-063 and higher are only available for 802.11ac Wave 2 access points. Wave 1 access points (AP120, AP320, and AP322) will remain on 8.8.x firmware for maintenance releases only.