We are happy to announce the availability of Wi-Fi Cloud 8.8. The latest version of Wi-Fi Cloud includes enhancements aimed at simplifying how you run your day-to-day business operations.
Manage 8.8 Enhancements:
- Discover Application Enhancements — You can now perform these tasks in Discover:
- Configure SSIDs and access point device and radio settings
- Configure WIPS settings including access point and client classifications, Authorized Wi-Fi Policies, and Intrusion Prevention
- Monitor WIPS activity and security alerts
- Configure, schedule, and view Wi-Fi Cloud reports
- Hitless Device Firmware Update — Minimizes the downtime for wireless clients during access point upgrades. Access points are not upgraded at the same time as nearby access points so that wireless clients in that vicinity can remain connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- SNMP Trap Support — Added support for sending SNMP trap messages to network monitoring tools with an access point configured as a CIP (Cloud Integration Point).
- VXLAN Support — You can now configure and monitor VXLAN tunnels.
Access points with active Wi-Fi Cloud subscriptions (Secure Wi-Fi or Total Wi-Fi license) must have their access point firmware upgraded to 8.8 to leverage these new features. If an automatic firmware upgrade schedule is configured in your Wi-Fi Cloud account, your access points will automatically be upgraded. To upgrade access points manually, see updating AP firmware in Wi-Fi Cloud.
When WatchGuard access points are managed by the Wi-Fi Cloud, you get:
- Patented Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS) protection against the six known Wi-Fi threat categories
- Intelligent Network Visibility & Troubleshooting
- Engaging Guest Portal Experiences
- Powerful Location-Based Analytics
- Scalable Management
Take our Wi-Fi Cloud for a test drive: watchguard.com/wifidemo
To learn more visit: watchguard.com/wifi
Questions: please visit the Support Center