Intelligent, State-of-the-Art Network Security
Nothing stays the same in network security. Not minute-to-minute and certainly not year-to-year. That’s why WatchGuard’s network security platform is architected on our security-hardened Fireware® operating system (OS) with the flexibility to build the solutions on top to counter whatever threat comes next. Our approach delivers:
- Next-generation proxy technology that efficiently assembles payloads from network traffic for the most efficient scanning possible
- A multiprocessing engine coupled with an efficient hypervisor that optimizes inspection speed, including on encrypted traffic
- A modular approach enabling integration with the industry’s leading security engines and evolving layered security services to address new kinds of attacks
- Artificial intelligence advances that learn to spot patterns for faster detection and response to unknown threats
Spotlight on Fireware 12.4
The 12.4 release of Fireware OS is available for all Firebox appliances, and continues WatchGuard’s commitment to building out our SD-WAN roadmap. WatchGuard Firebox provides SD-WAN capabilities that allow you to easily assess link quality, balance traffic between different WAN connections, prioritize traffic based on application priority, and quickly deploy in new locations. Fireware 12.4 introduces several enhancements to our SD-WAN and security capabilities, including:
- SD-WAN for VPN and Private Lines: Extends SD-WAN benefits to more than just external WAN connections, allowing organizations to cut back on expensive MPLS connections. You can now measure loss/latency/jitter on virtual interface VPNs and internal interfaces.
- DNSWatch in Bridge Mode: Full DNS security applied in our simplest deployment option where the Firebox does not act as a gateway.
- Syslog export to two servers: Simultaneously send logs to two different syslog servers. Enables export to 3rd party SIEM and also a local syslog server for log retention.
- TLS 1.3 Support: Continued compliance and support for latest standards with full inspection of HTTPS traffic using TLS 1.3.
WatchGuard continues to deliver additional value with Fireware 12.4, making it easier to exchange information between systems and enhance your network with improved performance and lower costs, and best yet, it’s available to WatchGuard Firebox customers with active support licenses for no additional charge.
Changing the Network Security Game for Good
Network security appliances are a critical network control point – essential for security and enabled with a full suite of networking and redundancy capabilities so your network is always on, always reliable. That includes SD-WAN dynamic path selection, quality of service (QoS) and high availability – including active/active failover. Fireware enables an intuitive user interface and central management controls that are consistent across every WatchGuard security device in your distributed network, as well as WatchGuard Cloud Visibility for actionable logging and reporting.