Configure the Wireless Card on Your Computer
These instructions are for the Windows XP with Service Pack 2 operating system. For installation instructions for other operating systems, see your operating system documentation or help files.
- Select Start > Settings > Control Panel > Network Connections.
The Network Connections dialog box appears.
- Right-click Wireless Network Connection and select Properties.
The Wireless Network Connection dialog box appears.
- Select the Wireless Networks tab.
- Below Preferred Networks, click Add.
The Wireless Network Properties dialog box appears.
- Type the SSID in the Network Name (SSID) text box.
- Select the network authentication and data encryption methods in the drop-down lists. If necessary, clear The key is provided for me automatically check box and type the network key two times.
- Click OK to close the Wireless Network Properties dialog box.
- Click View Wireless Networks.
All available wireless connections appear in the Available Networks text box.
- Select the SSID of the wireless network and click Connect.
If the network uses encryption, type the network key twice in the Wireless Network Connection dialog box and click Connect again.
- Configure the wireless computer to use DHCP.