WatchGuard AP Device Requirements and Limitations
Before you add a WatchGuard AP device to your network, it is important to understand the requirements and limitations of the AP device.
- The WatchGuard AP device must be managed by a WatchGuard XTM device that uses Fireware XTM OS v11.7.2 or higher.
- The XTM device must be configured in mixed routing mode.
- The AP device must connect to a trusted or optional network.
- The XTM device configuration must include a policy that allows NTP traffic from the AP device to the Internet. The AP device uses an NTP server to set the correct local time.
The default Outgoing policy allows NTP traffic from the trusted network. If you remove or disable the Outgoing policy, or if your AP device is connected to the Optional network, you must add an NTP policy to allow outgoing NTP traffic from the network the AP device connects to.
- You cannot use the Fireware XTM Command Line Interface to manage WatchGuard AP devices.
- You cannot use a WatchGuard Management Server to manage WatchGuard AP devices.
- You cannot locate WatchGuard AP devices behind a NAT firewall.
Configure VLANs for WatchGuard AP Devices