On the Front Panel page, you can see basic information about your Firebox or XTM device, your network, and network traffic.
The Front Panel page is separated into two parts: widgets and top panels. Widgets show specific, historical information about your device. Top panels show connection data for your device.
The System, External Bandwidth, IPSec VPN, CPU, and Memory widgets refresh at the interval you specify to show you the historical information about your device. To get the most recent data, select Last 20 Minutes.
- System — This widget includes the device name, model, and serial number; the Fireware XTM OS version on the device; the system time, date, and uptime since the last restart; the Log Server where the device sends log messages; and the number of Fault Reports available for the device.
- IPSec VPN — This widget graph shows the usage statistics for IPSec VPN connections through your XTM device.
- External Bandwidth — This widget graph shows real-time throughput statistics for all the device interfaces in kilobytes. The Y axis (vertical) shows the cumulative throughput value of kilobytes sent and received over an interface since the last time the device was powered on or rebooted. The X axis (horizontal) shows the time interval included in the graph.
- CPU — This widget graph shows CPU usage and average load over the selected period of time.
- Memory — This widget graph shows the usage of Linux kernel memory over a period of time.
If you have read-write configuration access to this device, you can also reboot the device from the System widget.
From the Top Panels, you can see real-time data about the currently active connections through your XTM device. Each panel shows the connection rate, number of bytes transferred through the connection, and the number of hits.
The available top panels include:
- Top Clients — Shows a list of the clients connected to the XTM device that use the most bandwidth.
- Top Destinations — Shows a list of the most frequently visited destinations for current connections.
- Top Policies — Shows a list of the policies that currently manage the most traffic.
- Destination Port — Shows a list of the most frequently used ports for current connections to the device.
To see more details about any of the information in a top panel, or to pivot on the details in a top panel, click a detail in a top panel list. The information in the top panels is updated based on the new selection.
About the Dashboard and System Status Pages
About Logging, Log Files, and Notification