Configure Virus Outbreak Detection Actions
Virus Outbreak Detection (VOD) identifies and blocks spam messages that contain viruses.
To configure Virus Outbreak Detection actions:
- Select Subscription Services > spamBlocker.
- Make sure Virus Outbreak Detection is enabled:
- On the spamBlocker page, select a proxy policy and click Configure. Select the Virus Outbreak Detection tab.
- From the When a virus is detected drop-down list, select the action the XTM device takes if VOD detects a virus in an email message.
- From the When a scan error occurs drop-down list, select the action the XTM device takes when VOD cannot scan an email message or attachment.
Attachments that cannot be scanned include binhex-encoded messages, certain encrypted files, or files that use a type of compression that spamBlocker does not support such as password-protected zip files.
- Select the Log this action check boxes to send a log message when a virus is detected or when a scan error occurs.
- Select the Alarm check boxes to send an alarm when a virus is detected or when a scan error occurs.
The SMTP proxy supports the Allow, Lock, Remove, Quarantine, Drop, and Block actions. The POP3 proxy supports only the Allow, Lock, and Remove actions.
For more information on these actions, see spamBlocker Actions, Tags, and Categories.