Show IPS Signature Information
On the Signatures tab of the Intrusion Prevention Service configuration, you can see information about all the IPS signatures. You can filter and sort the signature list, and you can see details about individual signatures. You can also add a signature to the IPS exceptions list from this tab.
See IPS Signatures
- Select Subscription Services > IPS.
The IPS configuration page appears.
- Select the Signatures tab.
The signature list may take several seconds to appear.
- Double-click a signature name to see more information about the signature.
- Click the link in the More Information section to look up the signature on the WatchGuard IPS Security Portal.
You can also click the Signature ID on the Signatures tab to look up the signature in the Security Portal.
For more information about the Security Portal, see Look Up IPS Signatures on the Security Portal.
Search, Sort and Filter the IPS Signatures
The graphs at the top of the Signatures tab show the proportion and number of signatures in each signature category and each threat level. You can filter the signature list by signature category or threat level.
- To filter the signature list by signature category, click the bar for that category in the By Category graph. Or, select the category from the Category drop-down list.
- To filter the signature list by signature threat level, click the bar in the By Threat Level graph. Or, select the threat level severity from the Threat Level drop-down list.
To search for signatures that contain a specific word or ID number, type the text to search for in the Search text box.
To sort the IPS signatures by Signature ID, Name, Category, or Threat Level, click one of the column headings.
Add an IPS Exception
You can add a signature to the IPS Exceptions list directly from the Signatures tab.
- Select a signature in the Signatures list.
- Click Add Exception.
The Signature Exceptions dialog box appears. The ID text box shows the ID of the signature you want to add.
- Select the Action, Log, and Alarm settings for this exception.
- Click OK.
The signature exception is added to the Exceptions tab.
For more information about IPS exceptions, see Configure IPS Exceptions.