Enable QoS Marking for an Interface
You can set the default marking behavior as traffic goes out of an interface. These settings can be overridden by settings defined for a policy.
Before you can enable QoS marking for an interface, you must enable Traffic Management in the global settings.
For more information, see About Traffic Management and QoS
To enable QoS marking for an interface:
- Select Network > Interfaces.
The Network Interfaces page appears.
- Select the interface for which you want to enable QoS Marking. Click Edit.
The Interface Configuration page appears.
- Click Advanced.
- In the Marking Type drop-down list, select either DSCP or IP Precedence.
- In the Marking Method drop-down list, select the marking method:
- Preserve — Do not change the current value of the bit. The XTM device prioritizes the traffic based on this value.
- Assign — Assign the bit a new value.
- If you selected Assign in the previous step, select a marking value.
If you selected the IP precedence marking type you can select values from 0 (normal priority) through 7 (highest priority).
If you selected the DSCP marking type, the values are 0–56.
- Select the Prioritize traffic based on QoS Marking check box.
- Click Save.
About Traffic Management and QoS
About QoS Marking