Create Schedules for XTM Device Actions
A schedule is a set of times for which a feature is active or disabled. You must use a schedule if you want a policy or WebBlocker action to automatically become active or inactive at the times you specify. You can apply a schedule you create to more than one policy or WebBlocker action if you want those policies or actions to be active at the same times.
For example, an organization wants to restrict certain types of network traffic during normal business hours. The network administrator could create a schedule that is active on weekdays, and set each policy in the configuration to use the same schedule.
To create a schedule:
- Select Firewall > Scheduling.
The Scheduling page appears.
- To modify an existing schedule, select the schedule and click Edit.
The Schedule Settings page appears.
- To create a new schedule, click Add.
The Add Schedule page appears.
- For a new schedule, in the Name text box, type a descriptive name for the schedule.
You cannot modify the name of a saved schedule.
- From the drop-down list, select the time interval to see in the schedule: 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour.
- Select the times for the schedule to operate for each day of the week.
- To abandon your changes, reload the page, and return to the current settings in the configuration file, click Restore.
- Click Save.
Set an Operating Schedule