Add Policies to Your Configuration
To add a firewall or Mobile VPN policy:
- Select Firewall > Firewall Policies or Firewall > Mobile VPN Policies.
The Policies page you selected appears.
- Click Add Policy.
- In the Policy Name text box, type a name for the policy.
- For a Mobile VPN policy, from the Select a group drop-down list, select an existing Mobile VPN group.
- Select a policy type:
- Packet Filter
- For a packet filter, from the Packet Filter drop-down list, select a policy type.
For a proxy, from the first drop-down list, select a proxy, and from the second drop-down list, select a proxy action.
For a custom policy, from the Custom drop-down list, select a policy or click Add to create a new custom policy.
For more information, see Create or Edit a Custom Policy Template
- Click Add Policy
- Define the settings for the policy.
- Click Save.
For more information about Mobile VPN Policies, see Configure Policies to Filter Mobile VPN Traffic.
The XTM device includes a default definition for each policy included in the XTM device configuration file. The default definition consists of settings that are appropriate for most installations. However, you can modify them for your particular business purposes, or if you want to include special policy properties such as Traffic Management actions and operating schedules.
After you add a policy to your configuration, you define rules to:
- Set allowed traffic sources and destinations
- Make filter rules
- Enable or disable the policy
- Configure properties such as Traffic Management, NAT, and logging
For more information on policy configuration, see About Policy Properties.
Use Policy Checker to Find a Policy
To determine how your XTM device manages traffic for a particular protocol between a source and destination you specify, you can use Policy Checker in Fireware XTM Web UI.
For more information about Policy Checker, see Use Policy Checker to Find a Policy.
About Proxy Actions