Configure a VLAN for VDSL
The Firebox T10-D is an ADSL/VDSL device. For VDSL connections, ISPs require that you configure the WAN interface to use a specific VLAN ID. To meet this requirement, you must configure an external VLAN on your Firebox T10-D device with the required VLAN ID, and configure the DSL interface to send and received tagged traffic for that VLAN.
For example, you can follow these steps to configure a Firebox T10-D with an external VLAN that uses VLAN ID 6 and PPPoE.
Configure Interface 0 as a VLAN Interface
- Select Network > Interfaces.
- Select Interface 0. Click Edit.
- In the Interface Name (Alias) text box, type a name.
- From the Interface Type drop-down list, select VLAN.
- Click Save.
Configure the External VLAN
- Select Network > VLAN.
- Click Add.
- In the Name text box, type a name for the VLAN.
- In the VLAN ID text box, type the VLAN number required by your ISP.
For this example, type 6.
- From the Security Zone drop-down list, select External.
- In the Select tagged traffic for interfaces list, select the external interface you configured as a VLAN interface.
- From the Select Traffic drop-down list, select Tagged Traffic.
- Select the Network tab.
- To configure a PPPoE connection, from the Configuration Mode drop-down list, select PPPoE.
- Configure the method your ISP uses to assign an IP address to your device.
- If your ISP automatically assigns your device an IP address, use the default setting, Obtain an IP automatically.
- If your ISP specified an IP address to use, select Use this IP address. In the adjacent text box, type the IP address.
- In the User name text box, type the user name for PPPoE authentication.
- In the Password and Confirm text boxes, type the password to use for PPPoE authentication.
- Click Save.
Eth0, the DSL interface, is now configured to tag traffic for VLAN 6.
About DSL on the Firebox T10-D