Configure Mobile VPN with L2TP for Use with iOS Devices
Use the WatchGuard L2TP Setup Wizard to configure Mobile VPN with L2TP settings that are compatible with the WatchGuard Mobile VPN app for iOS.
This procedure describes the options required for compatibility with the WatchGuard Mobile VPN app for iOS. For a more complete description of the L2TP Setup Wizard, see Use the WatchGuard L2TP Setup Wizard.
- Select VPN > Mobile VPN with L2TP.
- Click Activate.
- Click Next.
A list of configured authentication servers appears.
- Select the check box for each authentication server you want to use for Mobile VPN with L2TP user authentication. You can use the internal XTM device database (Firebox-DB) or a RADIUS server if you have configured one.
- Click Next.
The Add authorized users and groups page appears. The L2TP-Users group is automatically selected by default.
- Add users and groups to authenticate with Mobile VPN with L2TP.
- After you configure users and groups, click Next.
The Virtual IP Address Pool page appears.
- Click Add to add at least two IP addresses to the virtual IP address pool. Click Next.
The Select the tunnel authentication method page appears.
- In the Pre-Shared Key text box, type the shared key to use for tunnel authentication.
The WatchGuard Mobile VPN app does not support the use of certificates for authentication.
- Click Next to complete the wizard.
Next, you must generate the Mobile VPN with L2TP profile that the WatchGuard Mobile VPN app uses to set up the VPN connection on the native iOS VPN client. For more information, see Generate and Distribute the L2TP Mobile Client Profile.
About L2TP Connections from an iOS Device