Import the L2TP Configuration to the iOS VPN Client
With the WatchGuard Mobile VPN app for iOS, you can quickly import the connection settings from a WatchGuard L2TP mobile client profile to the native VPN client on the iOS device. The L2TP profile is stored in a file with a .wgm file extension.
This procedure occurs after the administrator configures Mobile VPN with L2TP and generates the .wgm profile. For more information, see:
Import the L2TP VPN settings on the iOS device:
- Install the free WatchGuard Mobile VPN app from the Apple App Store on the iOS device.
- On the iOS device, open the email that contains the .wgm file attachment.
- Open the .wgm file attachment.
The WatchGuard Mobile VPN app launches.
- Type the passphrase received from the administrator to decrypt the file.
The WatchGuard Mobile VPN app imports the configuration and creates an L2TP VPN configuration profile in the iOS VPN client.
Start an L2TP VPN connection from the iOS device:
- On the iOS device, select Settings > General > VPN.
- Select the L2TP VPN profile to use.
- Turn on the VPN to start the connection.
To remove an imported VPN profile from the iOS device:
- On the iOS device, select Settings >General > Profile.
- Select the VPN profile to remove.
- Tap Remove.