Troubleshoot the Shrew Soft VPN Client
If the Shrew Soft VPN client fails to connect, you can use the Shrew Soft VPN Trace utility to see more information about why the connection failed.
To use the Shrew Soft VPN Trace utility:
- From the Windows Start menu, select the Shrew Soft VPN Client > Trace Utility.
The Shrew Soft VPN Trace utility appears.
- Select File > Options.
The Debug Output Options dialog box appears.
- From the Log output level drop-down list, select loud.
- Click OK.
- Select the IKE Service tab.
- Click Open Log.
- Click Restart.
Debug log messages appear in the console.
- To copy log messages from the Shrew Soft VPN Trace utility, highlight the text in the console, then press Ctrl-C on your keyboard.
- Open a text file and press Ctrl-V on your keyboard to paste the copied text into the file.
- Review the content of the new text file to find any problems with your connection.
When you set the Log output level to loud, the Shrew Soft VPN Trace utility can quickly generate a very large file. Make sure you reset the Log output level to none after you have resolved the connection problem.
Use the Shrew Soft VPN Client to Connect
About the Shrew Soft VPN Client