Manually Add or Remove a Feature Key
You must add a feature key to a new device, and you must update the device feature key after you activate a service or upgrade option. The updated feature key enables the functionality on your device. To do this manually, you can download the feature key from the WatchGuard website, and then paste it into your device configuration file.
To retrieve the current feature key from the WatchGuard web site:
- Open a web browser and go to http://www.watchguard.com/.
- Log in with your WatchGuard account user name and password.
- On the Support Home tab, click My Products.
- In the list of products, select your device.
- Use the on-screen instructions to download and save a local copy of the feature key to a file.
To manually update the feature key on your Firebox or XTM device from a local file:
Select System > Feature Key.
The Firebox Feature Key Summary page appears.
- Click Update Feature Key.
The Add Firebox Feature Key page appears.
- Copy the text of the feature key from the local text file and paste it in the text box.
- Click OK.
The Feature Key page is updated with the new feature key information.
Remove the Feature Key
If you remove the feature key, some functionality is immediately disabled on the device. Without a feature key, the device allows only one connection to the external network.
- Select System > Feature Key.
The Firebox Feature Key page appears.
- Click Remove Feature Key.
- Click Yes to confirm you want to remove the Feature Key.
The Feature key is removed. In Fireware XTM v11.9.1 and higher, the Welcome to the Feature Key Wizard page appears.
About Feature Keys
Get a Feature Key for Your Device