Enable Automatic Feature Key Synchronization
By default, your Firebox or XTM device does not automatically update the feature key when features expire. To enable your device to automatically download the latest feature key from the WatchGuard website when a feature has expired, or is about to expire, you can enable automatic feature key synchronization.
When you enable automatic feature key synchronization:
- The device immediately checks the expiration dates in the feature key, and continues to check once each day.
- If any feature has expired, or will expire within three days, the device automatically downloads the latest feature key from WatchGuard once each day, until it successfully downloads a feature key that does not have expired features.
- In a FireCluster, the cluster master synchronizes the feature keys for all cluster members.
- If the device attempts to synchronize the feature key and fails to retrieve a feature key from the WatchGuard server, the device sends an error message to the log file. The error message includes information about the type of failure.
To enable automatic feature key synchronization:
- Connect to Fireware XTM Web UI.
- Select System > Feature Key.
The Feature Key page appears.
- Select the Enable automatic feature key synchronization check box.
About Feature Keys