On the Product Details page, you can see information about a WatchGuard product activated in your account.
To open the Product Details page:
- Open a web browser and go to https://www.watchguard.com/.
- Log in with your WatchGuard Portal account user name and password.
- If you are a WatchGuard Partner, click Support Center in the Partner portal.
- On the Support Center Home page, select My WatchGuard > Manage Products.
Or, on the Support Center Home page, in the Manage Your Products section, click See All.
The Manage Products page appears.
- Click the serial number of a device.
The Product Details page for that device appears.
On the Product Details page you can:
RapidDeploy enables you to set up automatic configuration of a Firebox. When the device is powered on with factory-default settings, it automatically downloads the configuration file.
In the RapidDeploy section of the Product Details page, you can see whether the device supports RapidDeploy, configure a RapidDeploy option, and see RapidDeploy configuration status.
For more information about RapidDeploy methods, see Deploy Your Firebox with RapidDeploy.
In the Services & Upgrades section, you can see the status of the security service subscriptions and upgrades available for your device.
For each security service or upgrade you can:
- Click Free Trial to start a free trial for a service.
- Click Renew, Buy, or Buy More to see the WatchGuard product list and find an authorized WatchGuard reseller.
For more information about free trials, see About Free Trials.
In the Entitlements section, you can see the Support level for this device, and the start and end date for your Support subscription. You can also see the number of support cases remaining for this device.
An initial Support subscription is automatically activated when you register your WatchGuard device. Your Support subscription gives you access to technical support, software updates, and feature enhancements. It also extends the hardware warranty of your WatchGuard device and provides advance hardware replacement. You can purchase additional security service subscriptions, renewals and upgrades through WatchGuard resellers, and activate them here.
For more information about Support levels, see https://www.watchguard.com/wgrd-support/support-levels.
The device feature key enables all software features and upgrades that you have activated for a device. If you want to manually add the feature key to your device configuration, you can copy the content of the feature key from the Product Details page, and then paste it into the feature key dialog box in the device configuration.
To get the device feature key:
- On the Product Details page, click Get your feature key.
The feature key details appear in a dialog box.
- Select all of the text in the feature key.
- To copy the selected text, right-click the selected text and select Copy or press Ctrl+C on your keyboard.
- Paste the selected text into the feature key dialog box when you edit the device configuration file, or into an empty text file.
When you activate your device, you specify the device name. This name identifies the device in your account on the WatchGuard website. You can change the name of an activated device on the Product Details page.
To change the name for a device:
- On the Product Details page for the device, click Rename this device.
- Type the new device name.
- Click Update.
If there is an activated device in your account that you no longer use, you can retire the device.
To retire a device, on the Product Details page for the device, click Retire.
When you retire a device:
- WatchGuard no longer sends you renewal reminders for Support and other subscription services for the device.
- The device is not eligible for technical support.
- The device continues to function, with the exception of any licensed services that are expired.
If you retire a device, you can later remove it from retirement, as long as the product has not reached end of life. If you want to use a retired device to activate a trade-up device, you must remove it from retirement first. To remove a device from retirement, contact WatchGuard Customer Care.
For devices manufactured with Fireware v11.6.3 or higher, the version of Fireware OS originally manufactured on the device appears in the Device Information section of the Product Details page. You must have this version information if you want to create a configuration file to use for RapidDeploy. For more information, see Create a Configuration File for RapidDeploy.
For Firebox or XTM devices manufactured with versions of Fireware OS lower than v11.6.3, the manufactured version does not appear on the Product Details page and RapidDeploy is not supported.