In your WatchGuard Portal account, you can assign roles to user accounts. The user roles assigned to a user determine what information the user can see and what actions the user can take in the WatchGuard Portal and your WatchGuard cloud-based applications.
To edit users in the WatchGuard portal, your user account must have the Admin User Management role.
To manage the users in your WatchGuard Portal account:
- Go to www.watchguard.com and log in to the WatchGuard Portal with your WatchGuard user account credentials.
- In the Support Center, select My WatchGuard > Manage Users.
The Manage Users page appears with a list of all users in your account.
To edit permissions for a user account:
- On the Manage Users page, find the user account to edit.
- In the user row, click , and select Edit permissions.
The Manage User Permissions page for the selected user account appears.
- For each permission setting, select the user role from the drop-down list.
- Click Save.
The new permissions take effect the next time the user logs in.
For each user, you can configure the user role for these WatchGuard Portal and service options:
The User Management role controls the ability of the user to see and manage users in your WatchGuard Portal account. You can set the User Management roles to one of these options:
- Admin – The user can edit the user information and permissions for all other users in the WatchGuard Portal account.
- Observer – The user can see the user information and permissions for all users in the WatchGuard Portal account but cannot edit or create users.
- No Access – The user cannot see information about users in the WatchGuard Portal account.
The User Management role does not affect the ability of a user to do other tasks in the WatchGuard Portal account. A user with the User Management role set to No Access can perform other tasks in the WatchGuard Portal, such as manage products or create a support case.
The WatchGuard Cloud permissions sets the operator role in WatchGuard Cloud and Threat Detection and Response (TDR).
Users who can log in to WatchGuard Cloud to see and manage account information and configure services are called operators. In WatchGuard Cloud, the operator role determines what information the user can see and what actions the user can take in WatchGuard Cloud for your own account or managed accounts. The WatchGuard Cloud user role is the operator role for the user in WatchGuard Cloud and Threat Detection and Response (TDR).
In WatchGuard Cloud, there are different operator roles for users in Subscriber accounts and Service Provider accounts. For more information about operator roles in WatchGuard Cloud, see About Operators
For more information about operator roles in TDR, see TDR Operator Roles and Permissions.