You use your WatchGuard Portal user account credentials to log in to the WatchGuard Portal and authenticate to WatchGuard cloud-based services. We recommend that you specify a strong password and change your password periodically.
For stronger security, enable Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). For more information, see Enable MFA for Your WatchGuard User Account.
To change your user account password:
- Go to www.watchguard.com and log in to the WatchGuard Portal with your user account credentials.
- In Support Center, select My WatchGuard > Manage Profile.
The Manage Profile page appears.
- In the About You section, click Change Password.
The change password page appears.
- In the Your Current Password text box, type your current password.
- In the New Password text box, type your new password.
- In the Confirm Password text box, type your new password again.
- Click Change Password.
You can also change your password when you edit your user account in the Manage Profile page or the Manage Users page. When you edit your own account, click Change Password to go the password reset page.