You can change the email address associated with your WatchGuard portal account. When you change the email address in the WatchGuard portal, WatchGuard sends a verification email to the new email address. To complete the email address change you must click the link in the verification email within 24 hours.
If you do not click the link in the verification email within 24 hours, the link expires, and your account reverts to the previous email address.
To change the email address for your user account:
- Go to www.watchguard.com and log in to the WatchGuard Portal with your user account credentials.
- In Support Center, select My WatchGuard > Manage Profile.
The Manage Profile page appears.
- In the About You section, click Edit.
The User Information page appears.
- In the Email text box, type the new email address you want to associate with your account.
- Click Save.
A message appears at the top of the page. The status of the email change is Pending Verification.
- To verify the new email address, open the email message WatchGuard sends to the new address and click the verification link within 24 hours.
If you do not verify the new email address, the change is automatically canceled, and your account reverts to the previous email address. You can also cancel an email address change while the status is Pending Verification.
To cancel an email address change:
- Edit your user profile.
- Next to the email Pending Verification status, click Cancel.
A confirmation page appears.
- Click Confirm.
The email reverts to the previous email address.
If you click the verification link in the email after an email address change was canceled or has expired, you see a page that says the link is no longer valid.