Any account that does not already have an active AuthPoint license assigned to it can try AuthPoint free for 30 days on a trial license. AuthPoint trial licenses have 250 users, are valid for 30 days, and can be renewed for another 30 days.
Your AuthPoint trial also gives you access to WatchGuard Cloud. For more information about WatchGuard Cloud, see About WatchGuard Cloud.
Service Providers can add any number of trial licenses to their inventory in WatchGuard Cloud, but each managed account can have only one active trial license assigned to it at a time.
Get Started with AuthPoint
To get started with AuthPoint, you must activate an AuthPoint trial license in the WatchGuard Support Center. Follow these steps to activate an AuthPoint trial license for your account.
- Go to https://www.watchguard.com/ and log in to the WatchGuard Support Center with your WatchGuard account user name and password.
- On the Support Center Home page, select My WatchGuard > Manage Products.
The Manage Products page appears.
- Click WatchGuard AuthPoint.
- Click Free 30 day trial.
- Type a name for your AuthPoint license. This gives you an easy way to identify your trial license on the WatchGuard website and in WatchGuard Cloud.
- Click Next.
- Select the I accept check box to accept the End-User License Agreement.
- Click Next.
- Select the region to use for WatchGuard Cloud data storage. The region you select is also used to store data for other Cloud services. You cannot change the region later.
If you have already set a Cloud region for TDR or another Cloud service, that region is used for AuthPoint and you are not prompted to select a Cloud region.
- Click Next.
- Confirm that the Cloud region you selected is correct. Click Next to finish and activate your license.
You now have an active AuthPoint trial license. The 250 users from the trial license are allocated to your WatchGuard Cloud account. The trial license expires after 30 days, but can be renewed once to continue services for an additional 30 days.
If you have a Service Provider account, the trial license is added to your inventory in WatchGuard Cloud. Before you can get started with AuthPoint, you must go to the Inventory page and assign the AuthPoint trial license to your account, then allocate the AuthPoint users from the trial license to your account. For more information, see Assign Trial Licenses and Allocate Users to Your Account.
This is only necessary for Service Provider accounts, because Service Providers have the option of assigning trial licenses to their managed accounts. For Subscriber accounts, the users on a trial license are automatically allocated to your account.
You can manage AuthPoint from the AuthPoint management UI in WatchGuard Cloud. Click AuthPoint Dashboard to log in to your WatchGuard Cloud account as an operator.
Your WatchGuard Cloud credentials are the same credentials you use to log in to the WatchGuard Support Center.