Remote Desktop Web Access is a web page that shows a list of applications published from a server. From the web page, you can click on the icon for an application to launch that application.
RD Web Access is only used to launch the remote applications. After the application opens, you can close RD Web Access.
The AuthPoint agent for RD Web adds the protection of multi-factor authentication. When a user types their user name and password on the RD Web page, the agent directs the request to AuthPoint. The single sign-on page loads with available authentication options based on the access policy for the AuthPoint group the user belongs to.
RD Web Server Requirements
To install the AuthPoint agent for RD Web, the RD Web server must meet these requirements:
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.7.2 or higher installed
- Operating System: Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2016
Configure MFA for RD Web
There are two parts to configure MFA for RD Web:
- The resource you configure in AuthPoint
- The agent you install on your network
Configure an RD Web Resource
To configure an RD Web resource in the AuthPoint management UI:
- Go to cloud.watchguard.com and log in to WatchGuard Cloud. If you have a Service Provider account, you must pivot to the Subscriber view.
- From the navigation menu, select Configure > AuthPoint.
- Select Resources.
- From the Choose a resource type drop-down list, select RD Web. Click Add.
- On the RD Web page, in the Name text box, type a name for this resource.
- Type your domain.
- From the AuthPoint Certificate drop-down list, select the AuthPoint identity provider certificateThe AuthPoint certificate provides your resources (service providers) with the information necessary to identify AuthPoint as a trusted identity provider. to use for SAML authentication. This is for the SAML applications that support RD Web. For more information, see Certificate Management.
- Click Save to save your resource.
- Add access policies for the RD Web resource. For detailed steps, see Access Policies.
Download and Install the Agent
After you configure the RD Web resource, you must download and install the AuthPoint agent for RD Web.
- Select Downloads.
- In the RD Web section, click Download Installer.
- Click Download Config to download the configuration file for the RD Web agent.
- Move the downloaded configuration file to the same directory as the installer (.msi file) for the RD Web agent.
- Run the installer (.msi file) to install the AuthPoint agent for RD Web.