If you get a new mobile device, you must migrate your WatchGuard tokens from your old device to the new one. When you migrate a token, it is deleted from your current mobile device and an activation email is sent for you to activate the token on a new device.
If you want to continue to use your old device for authentication, you must activate a new token on the new device. For more information, see Add a New Device.
To migrate a token:
- Open the AuthPoint mobile app on your old mobile device.
- Next to your token, tap (Android) or (iOS) and select Migrate Token.
- Tap Yes when prompted to continue.
Your token is deleted and you are sent an activation email to activate the token on a new device.
- Install the AuthPoint mobile app on your new mobile device.
- Open the activation email that is sent to you and active your token on the new mobile device.