The AuthPoint Gateway runs as four services: Gateway, RADIUS, LDAP, and ADFS. The Gateway uses these TCP service ports for internal communication between the different Gateway services:
- WatchGuard AuthPoint Gateway service — TCP port 9000
- WatchGuard AuthPoint LDAP service — TCP port 9001
- WatchGuard AuthPoint RADIUS service — TCP port 9002
- WatchGuard AuthPoint ADFS service — TCP port 9003
If other applications use these TCP service ports, the Gateway might fail to start or appear offline. To change the port a Gateway service uses, you can update the local gateway.properties configuration file for that service. Each Gateway service has its own configuration file.
To change which port a Gateway service uses:
- On the computer or server where the Gateway is installed, navigate to c:\Program Files (x86)\WatchGuard.
- Open the folder for the Gateway service that you want to modify. Each Gateway service has a separate folder with its own configuration file:
- ADFS service folder name — AuthPoint ADFS
- Gateway service folder name — AuthPoint Gateway
- LDAP service folder name — AuthPoint LDAP Sync
- RADIUS service folder name — AuthPoint RADIUS
- Open the gateway.properties configuration file for the Gateway service in a text editor.
- On a new line, type port=<new port number>. For example, to change the Gateway service to use port 9009, type port=9009.
Make sure the new port is not in use.
Restart the Gateway service.