About the Trusted Wireless Environment
A Trusted Wireless Environment is based on these three core concepts:
- Market-Leading Performance: You should never be forced to compromise security to achieve adequate performance to support your environment with the speed, connections and density that it requires.
- Scalable Management: With easy set-up and management, you should be able control your entire wireless network, big or small, from a single interface and execute key processes to safeguard the environment and its users.
- Verified Comprehensive Security: You should be able to prove that your security solution defends your business against Wi-Fi attacks and can deliver on these benefits:
- Provide automatic protection from the six known Wi-Fi threat categories:
- Rogue access point
- Rogue client
- Neighbor access point
- Ad-hoc connection
- Evil Twin access point
- Misconfigured access point
- Allow legitimate external access points to operate in the same airspace
- Prevent user connections to unsanctioned Wi-Fi access points
For more information, see Trusted Wireless Environment on the WatchGuard web site.
For details about the six known Wi-Fi threat categories, see: WatchGuard Secure Wi-Fi Videos.
Wi-Fi Security Report
The industry’s first Wi-Fi security report has been published by Miercom. This report compares product efficacy against the six known Wi-Fi threat categories, and illustrates the hidden, security deficits with many competing Wi-Fi solutions.
The Wi-Fi Security report found that WatchGuard access points with a Secure Wi-Fi or Total Wi-Fi management subscription is the only solution to:
- Automatically detect and prevent the six known Wi-Fi threat categories simultaneously and still maintain performance
- Support automatic detection and prevention of rogue APs and rogue clients
- Automatically block endpoints from communicating over ad-hoc Wi-Fi connections
- Automatically prevent connections to “evil twin” APs and dangerous connections to misconfigured APs, such as private SSIDs without encryption
To download the full report, see: Wi-Fi Security Report.
Create a Trusted Wireless Environment with WatchGuard
With WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud and WIPS (Wireless Intrusion Prevention System), it is easy to quickly create a Trusted Wireless Environment with WIPS and automatically protect your Wi-Fi network against the six known Wi-Fi threat categories.
WIPS is a collection of features that run on WatchGuard APs and Wi-Fi Cloud. You can use WatchGuard APs for both Wi-Fi access and WIPS security protection, or you can use APs as dedicated WIPS security sensors that you can deploy together with other WatchGuard APs or third-party APs and Wi-Fi controllers.
To create a Trusted Wireless Environment, WatchGuard APs must have either a Total Wi-Fi or Secure Wi-Fi AP management subscription.
For detailed information on AP management subscriptions, see Wi-Fi Packages.
WatchGuard Access Point Models
WatchGuard currently offers these access point models:
For more information about WatchGuard APs, see Secure Wi-Fi.