To configure event notifications, select Configuration > Events > Configuration.
To view generated event notifications, make sure you disable any pop-up blocker software in your web browser.
Events are classified as Security and System events. Each event type appears on separate tabs on the Configuration page. For more details on the types of events that can occur, see Wi-Fi Cloud Events and Alerts.
Security events indicate security vulnerabilities or breaches in your network:
System events indicate the system health:
- Device events
- Server events
Configure settings for individual events in Security and System based on your requirements:
- Display — The event is displayed on the Events page.
- Email — Send email notifications for the event to users configured in Configuration > Events > Email Recipients. This can be an administrator email or mailing group address, and you can also email automated ticketing services in PSA (Professional Service Automation) tools for event notification.
- Notify — Send event notifications to an external syslog server. For more information on how to configure a syslog server in Wi-Fi Cloud, see Syslog Integration.
- Vulnerability — Enables the vulnerability status to indicates the event creates a vulnerability on the wireless network. If any of these events occur, the Security Status widget on the Dashboard displays the status as Vulnerable. A red X will appear on the location folder in Manage, or the folder in Discover will turn red to indicate the location is vulnerable.
- Severity — Select the option High, Medium, or Low based on the severity of each event.
When you select the Display check box, the event occurrence is stored.
When you select the Notify check box, the event notification is sent to the configured external servers such as syslog. For more information on how to configure a syslog server in Wi-Fi Cloud, see Syslog Integration.
For SNMP alarm resynchronization, the system maintains a list of currently live events only when the Display check box is selected. If an SNMP trap notification of any Live Event does not reach any external trap receiver due to network issues or any other reason, the SNMP management station can pull a list of all currently live events. We recommend that you select the Display check box for all the Live Events for which you want alarm resynchronization support.
Activate Event Generation for Location
You can activate event generation for the selected location from the Configuration > Events > Event Activation page.
The Activation Switch defines the high-level administrative settings for the selected location. It takes precedence over any other policies.
Event generation does not occur unless you select the Activate Event generation for Location <selected location> check box.
This policy is specific to the location and cannot be inherited from the parent location.
We recommend that the deployment be stable and fully configured before you select the Activate Event generation for Location <selected location> check box.
Click Save to save the changes made to the page.
Configure Email Recipients
Specify the email addresses of the users who need to be notified when certain events at the selected location occur. This can be an administrator email or mailing group address, and you can also email automated ticketing services in PSA (Professional Service Automation) tools for event notification.
To configure email recipients for events, select Configuration > Events > Email Recipients.
Separate multiple email addresses with a comma or a space, or press Tab or Enter. Click Save to save the changes made to the page.