Configure AP Scan Mode
- Select Configuration > Device Configuration > Device Templates.
- Select an existing device template, or create a new device template.
- Go to the Radio Settings section for your AP model.
- For Operation Mode, you can select Access Point or WIPS Sensor.
If you select Access Point mode for a radio, you can select Background Scanning, VoIP-aware Scanning, or No Scanning.
On AP models with three radios, by default the third-radio is a dedicated WIPS sensor, and the 2.4 and 5 GHz radios are dedicated Wi-Fi access points. If you configure a tri-radio AP into a dedicated WIPS sensor, the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios are dedicated to WIPS security scanning, while the third scanning radio is disabled.
- In the Background Scan Settings, make sure Wireless Security Features are enabled if you want to enable WIPS security scanning with background scanning.
- Click Save.
- Apply the template to the APs you want to perform scans.