Activate Your AP
To activate your AP for WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud:
- Go to www.watchguard.com/activate.
- Log in to your WatchGuard account, or create a new account if you do not have a WatchGuard account.
If you create a new WatchGuard account, after you finish the account creation process, go to www.watchguard.com/activate, or select My WatchGuard > Activate Products from your account menu.
- Type the serial number for your AP. Click Continue.
Make sure the AP you want to activate has a Total Wi-Fi or Secure Wi-Fi subscription for Wi-Fi Cloud.
- Specify a friendly name for the AP in your WatchGuard account.
- Accept the End-User License Agreement.
- When the activation is complete, click Finish.
From this page you have three options:
- You can activate another WatchGuard device
- You can go to the WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud Help to learn how to set up your new AP
- You can go directly to the WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud management interface. To connect to WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud for future management sessions, go to: https://dashboard.watchguard.cloudwifi.com/
About Wi-Fi Cloud AP License Expiry
If your Total Wi-Fi or Secure Wi-Fi subscription expires for an AP:
- The expired AP will continue to broadcast SSIDs and allow wireless access to the network based on the most recent configuration applied to the AP.
- Captive portal splash pages will still be available for guest access based on the most recent configuration applied to the AP, but you cannot change the URL or other configuration options.
- You cannot perform further configuration or software updates to an expired AP.
- Reduced monitoring, analytics, and reporting data will be available for expired APs.
- WIPS security detection and prevention measures will be available based on the offline WIPS configuration in Wi-Fi Cloud that you configured before the subscription expired. You can configure the WIPS Offline Configuration in a device template in Manage.. For more information, see WIPS Offline Configuration.
For more information about AP licensing, see WatchGuard AP Licensing.