Monitor Client WIPS Status
Clients are classified by their behavior and AP associations into these types, each represented by a different color:
- Authorized — Clients that connect to your Authorized APs.
- Guest — Clients that connect to your Guest SSIDs.
- Rogue — Clients that have connected to a Rogue AP.
- External — External neighborhood clients that are not part of your network, but operate in the vicinity of your network.
- Uncategorized — New clients discovered by Wi-Fi Cloud that have not yet been classified.
To freeze columns, add or remove columns, filter the display, and switch to full screen mode, use the icons at the top-right of the page. For more information, see Table Actions for Monitor Pages.
The data in the columns represents live data updated every 15 minutes.
The WIPS - Clients monitoring page includes this information:
|User Name||User name of the client.|
|MAC Address||MAC address of the client.|
|IP Address||IP address of the client.|
|OS||Detected operating system of the client.|
|Associated Access Point||AP to which the client is associated.|
|Associated SSID||SSID to which the client is connected.|
|Protocol||802.11 protocol in use by the client.|
|Channel in use by the client.|
|RSSI (dBm)||Detected RSSI of the client.|
|Connected/Disconnected Since||Date and time when the client connected or disconnected from the network.|
|First Detected At||Date and time when the client was first detected.|
|Prevention Status||Prevention status of the client.|
|Location||Location of the client.|
|Vendor Name||The vendor name of the client.|
|Is Banned||Indicates if the client is on the banned devices list.|
|Manually Classified||Indicates if the client has been manually classified by the administrator.|
|IPv6||IPv6 address of the client.|
|Cell ID||Indicates the cell ID of a mobile device.|
|Tag||Additional information about the client.|
To perform actions on a client, right-click the client name, and select an action:
- Change Classification — Change the WIPS classification of the client.
- Rename — Rename the client.
- Capture Packet Trace — Perform a packet trace on a client. For more information, see Capture Packet Trace.
- Packet Trace History — View the packet trace history for a selected client.
- Start Live Client Debugging — Show live logs for the client. For more information, see Live Client Debugging.
- Update Device Tag — Change the tag for the client.
- Move — Change location of the client.
- Prevent This Device — Quarantine the device to prevent connections to your Wi-Fi network.
- Delete — Deletes the client from the list of visible clients.
- Add to Banned List — Add MAC address of this client to the device banned list. For more information, see Banned Access Points and Clients.
- Disable Auto-Prevention — Disable automatic intrusion prevention on this client.