Configure the Passcode Through SMS Plug-in
To use the Passcode Through SMS plug-in, you must select the Cloud Hosted portal mode in your SSID captive portal settings.
To configure the Passcode Through SMS plug-in:
- Open Discover.
- Open the Navigator, and select a location where to apply the SSID settings.
- Select Configure > WiFi.
- Select the SSID tab.
- Select an existing SSID or add a new SSID.
- Select the Captive Portal tab.
- Select the Captive Portal check box.
- Select Cloud Hosted as the portal mode.
- In the Authentication Plugins & Quality of Service section, click Select login method for guest WiFi users.
- Select the Passcode Through SMS check box in the list of plug-ins.
- Click to edit the plug-in settings.
- Configure these options:
- SMS/MMS Account — Select an existing account to use, or click Add New to add a new account. For more information, see Configure an SMS/MMS Account.
- Limit the maximum number of devices per user to — Select the maximum number of devices that can use the same passcode to access Wi-Fi.
- Passcode Length — Select the length of the passcode from 6 to 20 characters.
- Passcode Validity — Configure how long the passcode is valid before it expires.
- Limit the maximum number of times SMS can be resend to — Select the maximum number of times the system will resend an SMS message.
- Set the minimum time interval before SMS is resend to — Select the time interval (in seconds) before the system can resend an SMS message.
- Type the text to be sent to guest users in the SMS message (160 character maximum).
- You can configure these additional Quality of Service (QoS) options:
- Login Timeout — Select the time, in minutes, for which a wireless user can access the guest network after they log in to the portal page. After the timeout is reached, access to the guest network is stopped and the portal page is displayed again. The user must log in to the portal page to regain access to the guest network. If the user disconnects and reconnects to the guest network before their session times out, the user does not have to enter their credentials on the splash page again.
- Blackout Time — This is the time for which a guest user is not allowed to login after a previous session timed out.
- Limit the maximum download bandwidth to — The maximum download bandwidth in Kbps or Mbps for the guest user.
- Limit the maximum upload bandwidth to — The maximum upload bandwidth in Kbps or Mbps for the guest user.
- Redirect URL — The URL of the page to which a guest user must be redirected after successful authentication.
- Click Save to save the plug-in settings.
- Click Save to the SSID settings.