With Engage, you can create coupons and text message advertisements and add these to a campaign.
When a guest user connects to your Wi-Fi network, based on the specific web sites that guests access over Wi-Fi you can engage with them with targeted marketing with the help of coupons and text messages. For example, in the case of a retail establishment, targeted marketing can be used as a method to promote goods and services in the establishment based on what the guest is currently looking for on the Internet when they use the guest wireless network.
You can analyze the reports, and based on the reports, you can offer improved promotional offers. For more information on engagement reports, see Interception Analytics.
Configure Guest Engagement
To configure guest engagement:
- Select Portals.
- Select a portal to edit.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
The default campaign is selected by default.
- Click Manage Campaigns.
Engage is launched with the page for basic campaigns selected.
- Click the icon to display the left panel, then select Pro Campaign.
- Click the icon.
The Engagement page appears.
- Configure the Engagement settings:
- On/Off — Indicates if the Engagement feature is enabled or disabled.
- Websites to intercept — Type a list of web sites (such as, example.com) to intercept with your engagement coupon or message. You can add up to 10 sites.
- Content — You can prioritize whether to send an SMS or an MMS message. The MMS feature is available only in the United States.
- Do not resend content within — The number of days after which the content is resent to the guest user. Only one message per day is sent to the user, irrespective of the number of websites and the number of visits on that particular day. This avoids sending the guest user too many messages.
- To configure your SMS/MMS settings, click the Configure your SMS/MMS service provider account link.
For more information, see Configure SMS and Email Settings.
- Click OK.
The campaign must be associated with a portal. The portal is then configured on an SSID in Manage to enable guest engagement. For more information, see Enable a Captive Portal.
For more information on how to use Engage to add Engagement and other settings in Pro Campaigns, see Add Content to a Pro Campaign.