About Portal Management
To enable your guest users to get access to your Wi-Fi Network, you must create and configure one or more portals. You can configure the portal with a combination of plug-ins to authenticate guest users and provide Internet access.
Analyze includes these authentication plug-ins:
- Social Media — Allows guests to authenticate with their social media account credentials. Analyze supports Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Foursquare.
- Guestbook — Helps you maintain a private list of guest users who can access to your Wi-Fi network. Guest users use this plug-in to authenticate with the account credentials that you specify. Guests can also self-register for access.
- Clickthrough — Enables a guest to get access to the Internet without authentication. You can configure your portal page to force guest users to accept terms and conditions before they can get Internet access.
- SMS — Enables a guest user to get an Internet access code in an SMS text message. The guest user must provide a mobile phone number on the portal page.
- Web Form — An enhanced type of click-through. Guest users must complete a form on the portal page before Internet access is allowed.
- RADIUS — Enables guest users to authenticate and get Internet access with the credentials configured for their user accounts on a RADIUS server.
After you configure the portal in Analyze, you must configure the SSID profile in Manage to update the portal and walled garden settings. These settings make sure that guest users are redirected to the portal when they connect to the SSID, and enable social media access for user authentication before users can connect to the Internet. For more information. see Enable a Captive Portal.
You can configure social media plug-ins to send real-time guest user profile information to a third-party application when a guest logs in successfully with the plug-in. This profile information is then used to create a personalized message or personalized offers that guest users see when they connect to the portal.
For more information, see these topics:
- View Portal Configuration
- Create a Portal
- Configure QoS for Plug-In
- Assign a Campaign to a Portal
- Guest Engagement
- Configure Portal Social Media Plug-Ins
- Create Social Media Plug-In Apps
- Guestbook Plug-in
- Configure Portal SMS Plug-In
- Configure Portal Web Form Plug-In
- Configure Portal RADIUS Plug-In
- Configure an SSID Profile to Use the Portal