Guest users can self register in the guest book configuration for a portal. The email ID can be specified as the user ID when guests register. If the portal guestbook configuration enables guest users to set the password, guest users can also set their password. This password can be set only once and cannot be changed after it has been set by the user. An email with a one-time password (OTP) is sent to guest users. The user must set the password within 10 minutes of receiving the OTP as the OTP expires in 10 minutes.
If guest users are not allowed to set the password, the email sent to the user contains a system-generated password that the user must use to log in to the portal.
You can restrict self-registration to a selected set of host domains. When a guest user attempts to register, the host domain name is evaluated against the list of domains configured for the portal. If the host domain matches a domain in the domain list configured in the Plug-in Configuration for the portal, the guest Wi-Fi user name, password, and expiry date are sent to the host through email. Guest users can obtain their login credentials from the host.
A self-registering user is not allowed to set or reset their password or reactivate an expired account when the guest user login is restricted to allowed host domains.
Guest users that register themselves must log in to Analyze within the account expiry duration. If they fail to do so, the guest user account expires. You can allow guest users to reactivate their expired accounts. These guest users can be provided with a link to reactivate their accounts on the splash page. The reactivated account is valid from the date and time of reactivation for the duration based on the Account Validity specified in the Plug-in Configuration tab.
If self-registration is disabled after being enabled for a period of time, make sure that the corresponding splash page is modified to accommodate this change.
To enable self-registration by email and configure the self-registration parameters:
- Select Portals.
- Click the portal name to configure the portal settings.
- Click the Plug-in Configuration tab.
- Click the Guestbook icon.
- Select the Self Registration check box if you want to allow guest users to self-register.
Configure these options (some options are not displayed depending on the selections):
- Host Email Settings
- Domain Restriction — Type a comma-separated list of allowed host email domains where guest access approval emails can be received.
- Approver Email — Type a comma separated list of email addresses that will receive access approval emails. The request for approval email contains hyperlinks for approval and rejection and can only be used once by any of the listed approvers.
- Allow host to approve Wi-Fi access for guest — If this option is selected, the approval email will be sent to the host. If you do not select this option, the host will receive a notification email of the guest's request, and the host will not be able to approve or reject the request. The approval email will be sent only to the email addresses in the Approver Email list.
- Allow guest wifi users to skip host's email on splash page — If this option is selected, guests do not need to provide the host email address on the splash page. The approval email will be sent to the email addresses configured in the Approver Email field. If this option is selected, at least one email address must be added to the Approver list.
- Allow Self-registered User to Set Password — If you select this option, the guest user can set the password. This password can be set only once and cannot be changed after it has been set. An email with a one-time password (OTP) is sent to the guest user. The user must set the password within 10 minutes of receiving the OTP. If the guest user is not allowed to set the password, the email sent to the user contains a system-generated password that the user must use to log in to the portal.
- Enable Forgot Password Link — If you select this option, a Forgot Password link is displayed to the guest users. The check box is disabled if Domain Restrictions are enabled.
- Allow to Activate Expired Account — If you select this option, self-registered guest users will be provided with a link to re-activate their account if it is expired. Guest users that register themselves must log in to Analyze within the account expiry duration. If they fail to do so, the guest user account expires. The reactivated account is valid from the date and time of reactivation for the duration based on the Account Validity specified in the Plug-in Configuration tab.
- Auto Login after Registration/Approval — Select this option to automatically log in the self-registered guest user for the first time.
- Show Credentials Page — Select this option if you want to redirect the guest user to a page with the login credentials after successful registration.
- Click Save.