In WatchGuard Cloud, trial licenses for AuthPoint and WatchGuard Endpoint Security products and modules are available on the Trials page. Service Providers can start trials for their account and accounts they manage. All trial licenses are valid for 30 days, and can be renewed for another 30 days to a maximum of 60 days. You can only extend the trial once within 60 days of the start date.
Trial licenses include 250 users for AuthPoint Multi-Factor Authentication or AuthPoint Total Identity Security or 250 endpoints for WatchGuard Endpoint Security.
For Endpoint Security trials:
- If the account has EDR Core (Total Security Suite) with fewer than 250 endpoints, then the trial includes a maximum of 250 endpoints.
- If the account has EDR Core (Total Security Suite) with more than 250 endpoints, then the trial includes a maximum number of endpoints that matches the Total Security Suite license.
- If the account has an existing Endpoint Security product such as WatchGuard EDR for fewer than 250 endpoints, then the trial includes a maximum of 250 endpoints.
- If the account has an existing Endpoint Security product such as WatchGuard EDR for more than 250 endpoints, then the trial includes a maximum number of endpoints that matches the product license.
When a trial expires and cannot be extended, all trials for that product are unavailable for 90 days. WatchGuard Cloud saves the settings in the trial product or module for 90 days after the trial expires. If you convert a trial license to a term license, all settings in the trial license transfer to the term license. If an EDR Core license is activated during a trial of WatchGuard EPP, EDR, EPDR, or Advanced EPDR, the trial is not canceled.
WatchGuard EPP, EDR, EPDR, and Advanced EPDR trials activate the same number of endpoints for WatchGuard Endpoint Security modules.
If you have a license for EDR Core and then start a trial for WatchGuard EPP, EDR, EPDR or Advanced EPDR, EDR Core shows as Inactive in the inventory.
When an account with an existing AuthPoint license trials Total Identity Security, the trial applies to all the account users (there is no user limit).
For information on trials for Subscriber accounts, go to Manage Trials - Subscribers.
To open the Trials page, from WatchGuard Cloud:
- From Account Manager, select Overview.
- Select Administration > Trials.
- Select the tab for the product you want to manage trials for.
From the Trials table, you can start, upgrade, and extend trials, and convert trial licenses. For more information, go to:
- Start a Trial
- Upgrade Trial Licenses
- Extend a Trial
- Convert a Trial to a Term or Subscription License
The Trials table lists all of the accounts you manage, their trial products and modules, as well as the status, expiration date, and availability of their trials.
Your operator role determines what actions you can take on a given page. Owners, Sales, and Helpdesk operators can manage trials. Service Provider accounts with the Auditor role can view the Trials page as read-only. For more information, go to Manage WatchGuard Cloud Operators.
In the Trials table, you can see the Status of your trials:
- Completed — The trial period is complete.
- In Progress — The trial is in progress.
- Never Tried — The account has not started a trial for any product.
- Canceled — The account canceled the trial before the end of the trial period.
- Converted to License — The account converted the trial license to a term license or subscription license.
Trial Availability and Days Remaining
In the Trials table, you can see the Availability and Days Remaining for each account trial:
- Availability — Circle shows as red (not available), green (available), or gray (available in the future).
- Progress bar — Bar shows the progress of the trial in blue.
- Days Remaining — Number of days remaining in the active trial period.
- Available — Indicates that a new trial is available now.
- Available with date — A new trial is available after the 90-day cool-off period.
- Not Available — No trials available because the account has a WatchGuard Advanced EPDR or AuthPoint TIS license, or has completed all available trials.