Operators are users who can log in to WatchGuard Cloud to view and manage account information, configure services, and see reports. You can see existing operators and add new operators from the My Account page.
Only operators with the Owner or Administrator role have permissions to add operators to an account.
If you have a tier-1 account, you manage your operators in the Support Center. From WatchGuard Cloud you can only see the operators on your account and change their role. See Create a New User Account.
To add an operator:
- Log in to WatchGuard Cloud.
- Click and select My Account.
The My Account page opens.
- In the Operators section, click Add Operator.
- In the User Name text box, type a user name.
- In the Email text box, type the user's email address.
- In the First Name and Last Name text boxes, type the user's first and last name.
- From the Select Role drop-down list, select an operator role to determine permissions. For more information, see About Operators.
- Click Add.
An email message is sent to the user with a link to set a password for WatchGuard Cloud.
Add Operators to Tier-1 Accounts
For tier-1 accounts, operators are the users on your account in the WatchGuard Portal.
If you have a tier-1 account, you manage your operators in the Support Center. From WatchGuard Cloud, you can only see the operators on your account and change their role. For more information, see Manage User Accounts in the WatchGuard Portal.
To add an operator for a user who does not already have a WatchGuard account, you must send an invitation to the user to create a WatchGuard account. For detailed instructions, see Create a New User Account.
By default, when you add a user to your account in the WatchGuard Portal, that user is given the No Access operator role for WatchGuard Cloud. To allow the user to log in to WatchGuard Cloud, you must change their operator role. You can do this in the Support Center or in WatchGuard Cloud. For more information, see Manage User Account Permissions in the WatchGuard Portal.