The Most Popular Domains report displays a summary of the top domains visited by clients, by hits and bytes transferred. The report only includes data for traffic handled by the HTTP and HTTPS proxies.
This report includes data for HTTPS traffic in Dimension v2.1.2 Update 2 or higher.
This report is available when log messages with data for this report exist in the specified time frame. To make sure that your Firebox sends log messages required to generate this report, follow the steps to Enable Logging for this Report.
How to Use this Report
This report can help you identify which websites are popular with by clients on your network. Here are some ways to use this report:
- Select the Hits pivot to see which domains are visited most often by clients on your network.
- Select the Bytes pivot to see which domains account for the most data transferred over HTTP on your network. Identify any domains that you want to restrict access to because they use a lot of bandwidth, such as streaming sites.
View the Report
To view the Most Popular Domains report in WatchGuard Cloud:
- Log in to WatchGuard Cloud.
- Select Monitor > Devices.
- Select a folder or a specific device.
- To select the report date range, click .
- From the list of reports, select Web > Most Popular Domains.
You can use pivots to change the view of the data on the report.
To switch to a different view, select a pivot from the drop-down list above the report.
This report includes these pivots:
Summary of the top websites visited by clients, by hits.
Summary of the top websites visited by clients, by bytes transferred.
Detail view is not available for this report.
Logging for cloud-managed Fireboxes is automatically enabled. For locally-managed Fireboxes, you must manually enable logging in Fireware Web UI or Policy Manager. For more information, see Set Logging and Notification Preferences.
To collect the data required for this report for locally-managed Fireboxes, in Fireware Web UI or Policy Manager:
- In the General Settings for all HTTP and HTTPS proxy actions, select Enable logging for reports. For more information, see HTTP Request: General Settings and HTTPS-Proxy: General Settings.