Applies To: Cloud-managed Fireboxes
This feature is only available to participants in the WatchGuard Cloud Beta program.
You can removes the device from cloud-management and return it to local management with Fireware Web UI or Fireware Policy Manager. The Firebox and stored data for the device are still viewable in WatchGuard Cloud.
Before you remove a Firebox from cloud-management:
- Make sure you know the device passwords. You need the passwords to connect to the device for local management. For information about how to update the passwords, see Update Firebox Device Passwords.
- If the device has BOVPNs configured, make sure you have a record of the configured VPN settings. You can view and save the configuration report from the Deployment History. For more information, see View the Firebox Configuration Report.
If you remove a Firebox from cloud management, all branch office VPNs for that device are removed from the locally-managed device configuration.
To remove a Firebox from cloud management:
- Log in to WatchGuard Cloud.
- Select Configure > Devices.
- Select the cloud-managed Firebox.
- In the Cloud Management section, click Remove.
A confirmation dialog box opens.
- Click Remove.
The device is returned to local management.