After you install and start the virtual machine, you can connect to the WebBlocker Server and run the Setup Wizard to configure the initial settings. When you first connect to a new WebBlocker Server, the Setup Wizard starts automatically.
Before you run the Setup Wizard, make sure you have this information:
WebBlocker Server host name
This is the name of the WebBlocker Server virtual machine. This is used only to identify the virtual machine on the network.
WebBlocker Server IPv4 address and network settings
This is the IP address for the Eth0 interface of the WebBlocker Server virtual machine. The Firebox can use this IP address to connect to the WebBlocker Server. You can assign a static IP address or configure the WebBlocker Server to use DHCP to request an IP address. If you do not assign a domain name to the WebBlocker Server, we recommend you assign a static IP address so that Fireboxes can always connect. If you specify a static IPv4 address, you must also specify the default gateway and DNS server.
This is the passphrase for the account you use to manage the WebBlocker Server.
This is a shared secret used for authentication between Fireboxes and the WebBlocker Server. You must specify this Authentication Key when you add the WebBlocker Server to your WebBlocker configuration on a Firebox.
Your WatchGuard Account ID (ACC-xxxxxx)
This is the account ID of your WatchGuard portal account. The WebBlocker Server uses it to connect to your account to activate your WebBlocker Server license. The account you specify must have at least one Firebox with an active WebBlocker subscription.Tip!
Serial number of a Firebox activated in your WatchGuard account
This can be the serial number of any Firebox activated in your WatchGuard account. This information is used to get the expiration date of your WebBlocker license.
The serial number you specify does not need to be for a Firebox that has a WebBlocker license. The date when the WebBlocker Server activation expires is the latest WebBlocker license expiration date from the feature keys of all Fireboxes associated with your WatchGuard account. For more information, see WebBlocker Server License.
Start the Setup Wizard
After you start the Setup Wizard, do not power off your WebBlocker Server before the wizard completes.
The Setup Wizard times out after 15 minutes. If you do not complete the wizard in this time, you are prompted to reenter information.
To start the Setup Wizard:
- Open a web browser and type https://<IP address of WebBlocker Server>:4130.
The login page appears.
- In the User Name text box, type admin.
- In the Passphrase text box, type readwrite.
- Click Log In.
The WebBlocker Server Setup Wizard appears.
WebBlocker Server System Information
On the System Information page of the WebBlocker Server Setup Wizard, you specify the host name for your WebBlocker Server and select the method used to assign an IP Address to the WebBlocker Server: static or DHCP.
- In the first page of the WebBlocker Server Setup Wizard. click Next.
The System Information page appears.
- In the Host Name text box, type the host name to use for the WebBlocker Server.
- From the IP Address Method drop-down list, select DHCP or Static.
If you select Static, text boxes appear for the IPv4 address and DNS settings.
- For a static IP address:
- In the IPv4 Address / Mask text boxes, type the IP address and subnet mask to use for your WebBlocker Server.
- In the Default Gateway text box, type the default gateway address to use for your WebBlocker Server.
- In the DNS Server text box, type the IP address for the DNS server.
- In the Domain Name text box, type the default domain name for the DNS server.
- Click Next.
The Set Administrator Passphrase page appears.
Set Administrator Passphrase
On the Set Administrator Passphrase page of the Setup Wizard, you specify the Administrator Passphrase to use to connect to and manage your WebBlocker Server. The Administrator Passphrase must have a minimum of eight characters.
The default user name for the Administrator account is admin. You cannot change this user name.
- In the Set Administrator Passphrase page of the Setup Wizard, in the Administrator Passphrase text box, type the passphrase to use for the Administrator account.
- In the Confirm Passphrase text box, type the passphrase again.
- Click Next.
WebBlocker Authentication Key
On the WebBlocker Authentication Key page of the WebBlocker Server Setup Wizard, you specify the authentication key that is used to establish a secure connection between your WebBlocker Server and Fireboxes that use the server to look up website categories. You need this authentication key when you add the WebBlocker Server to the WebBlocker Global Settings.
The authentication key must be 8–32 characters. You cannot include spaces and slashes (/ or \).
- In the WebBlocker Authentication Key page of the Setup Wizard, in the Authentication Key text box, type the authentication key to use for your WebBlocker Server.
- In the Confirm Authentication Key text box, type the authentication key again.
- Click Next.
On the Get WebBlocker License page of the WebBlocker Server Setup Wizard, you specify the information needed to get your WebBlocker license, which contains the expiration date of your WebBlocker subscription. For more information, see WebBlocker Server License.
WatchGuard Account ID
Your WatchGuard Account ID in the format ACC-xxxxxxx, where xxxxxxx is a number.
To find your ID, log in to the WatchGuard Support Center, then select My WatchGuard > Manage Profile. In the Manage Profile page, your account ID appears in the Your Company section Partner ID field.
Firebox Serial Number
Serial number of any Firebox associated with your WatchGuard account.
The Firebox Serial Number you enter must be for a Firebox that currently works.
To specify information to get your WebBlocker license:
- In the Get the WebBlocker License page of the Setup Wizard, in the WatchGuard Account ID text box, type your account ID (ACC-xxxxxxx format).
- In the Firebox Serial Number text box, type the serial number of any Firebox associated with your WatchGuard account.
- Click Next.
Automatic Database Download Schedule
The WebBlocker Server automatically downloads an incremental update to the WebBlocker database once a day. On the Automatic Database Download Schedule page of the WebBlocker Server Setup Wizard, select the time that you want the daily database updates to download.
You can also choose whether to perform the initial download of the database immediately after the Setup Wizard finishes or wait until the first scheduled download time. The WebBlocker database is large. We recommend that you schedule database updates to download at a time when network traffic is low.
To schedule database downloads:
- In the Automatic Database Download Schedule page of the Setup Wizard, in the Start daily database updates at text box, type the time at which you want to download daily database updates, or click and select a time.
- To wait until the next scheduled download time to download the WebBlocker database, select the Do not download database now. Wait for the next scheduled update. check box. Clear the check box to download the database immediately after the Setup Wizard finishes.
- Click Next.
Review WebBlocker Server Settings
On the Review WebBlocker Server Settings page of the WebBlocker Server Setup Wizard, all the settings you specified in the previous pages of the wizard appear. Review the settings to make sure they are correct.
To make changes to your settings, click Back.
To continue with the current settings, click Next. The installation starts and the wizard shows the progress of the setup process
If you chose to download the WebBlocker database immediately, make sure that the Internet connection is not interrupted while the download is in progress. Do not power off your WebBlocker Server before the setup process is complete.
Finish the WebBlocker Server Setup Wizard
When the WebBlocker Server Setup Wizard is complete, click Finish. The WebBlocker Server login page appears.
Log in with the admin user name and the passphrase you specified in the Setup Wizard.