To log in to your Threat Detection and Response (TDR) account, you type your WatchGuard user account credentials. In TDR, each user account has an Operator role that determines the level of functionality and visibility available to the user in the Threat Detection and Response account. User accounts are managed in WatchGuard Portal.
For a TDR customer account, there are three Operator roles:
- Administrator — Administrators can perform all procedures necessary to configure and manage the TDR account, and can edit the Operator roles of user accounts
- Analyst — Analysts can configure most TDR settings, but cannot edit Operator accounts
- Observer — Observers can view information, but cannot make changes
If you are a WatchGuard Partner, your Threat Detection and Response account is a Service Provider account, and the user roles are Owner and Helpdesk.
For a Service Provider account there are two roles that apply to TDR:
- Owner — The first user to activate a Threat Detection and Response subscription in a WatchGuard Partner account is automatically assigned the Owner role. Administrators can perform all procedures necessary to configure and manage the TDR account and can edit the roles of Operator accounts. Administrators can also create managed customer accounts and assign Host Sensor licenses to managed account.
- Helpdesk — User accounts for all other users in the same WatchGuard Partner account are automatically assigned the Helpdesk role by default. A Helpdesk operator can configure most Threat Detection and Response settings in a managed customer account, but cannot edit user accounts, create managed customer accounts, or assign Host Sensor licenses to managed accounts. Helpdesk operator accounts are created automatically the first time the user logs in to Threat Detection and Response.
For information about account types and a detailed description of the privileges for each role, see:
Administrators can change role assignments and invite new operators to the account. For information about changing operator roles, see Manage User Accounts in the WatchGuard Portal.
On the Operators page in TDR, you can see the Operator role assigned to your account, and the Operator roles assigned to all other TDR accounts.
To change the Operator role assigned to your account, contact an Operator in your account who is an Administrator or Owner.