Threat Detection and Response uses the Host Sensors you install on your network to monitor the hosts on your network for threats. If your network has an Active Directory server, you can use AD Helper to automate installation of Host Sensors on your Windows hosts.
For information about TDR Host Sensor OS compatibility, see the Threat Detection & Response Release Notes on the TDR Release Notes page.
For automated installation of the Host Sensor on Windows hosts, you must first install and configure AD Helper on your network. AD Helper sends the list of Windows hosts on your network to your Threat Detection and Response account, and installs the Host Sensor on the hosts you select. For information about how to set up AD Helper, see Install and Configure AD Helper.
After you install AD Helper, you can use AD Helper to install Host Sensors on Windows hosts in your Active Directory domain.
To install Host Sensors on Windows hosts in your Active Directory domain:
- Log In to TDR.
- Select Monitor > Threat Detection.
- Select Devices / Users > Hosts.
A list of hosts on your network appears. By default, the Hosts page shows only hosts with a Host Sensor installed.
- To clear the default filter to see all hosts, click .
- To install a Host Sensor on one host, in the Install State column for that host, click .
The Install State changes to Pending Install. AD Helper receives a request to install the Host Sensor.
- To install a Host Sensor on more than one host:
- Select the check box for each host on which to install a Host Sensor.
- From the Actions drop-down list, select Install Sensor.
The Install State for the selected hosts changes to Pending Install. AD Helper receives a request to install the host sensor on the selected hosts.
- To see the installation status for each host, review the Sensor Status column.
The icon in the Sensor Status column indicates the status of the Host Sensor for each host:
- — Host Sensor is installed and operational
- — Host Sensor is installed but has a problem
- — Host Sensor is not communicating
- — Host Sensor has shut down correctly
- — Host Sensor has protection paused
- — Host Sensor has contained the host